Monday, August 10, 2026

Dr.S.R.Ranganathan Birthday Celebration on 12.08.2026

Commemoration of the 134th Birth Anniversary of Padmashri.Prof.Dr.Shiyali Ramamrita Ranganathan, Father of Library Science in India on the Occasion of  National Librarians Day Celebration

Objectives:

  • To honor the birth anniversary of Dr.Shiyali Ramamrita Ranganathan, the Father of Library Science in India.
  • To create awareness among students, faculty, and the general public regarding the significance of libraries and information services.
  • To promote reading habits, information literacy, and ethical utilisation of information resources.
  • To foster professional development, innovation, and the adoption of modern library technologies.

Outcome:

  • Enhanced recognition of Dr.S.R.Ranganathan's contributions to Library and Information Science.
  • Development of a robust reading culture and higher utilisation of library resources and services.
  • Improved information literacy and responsible usage of print and digital information.
  • Greater motivation among library professionals to adopt innovative practices and emerging technologies.
  • Strengthened engagement between the library and its users via educational and awareness activities.
  • Encouragement of lifelong learning, research, and knowledge sharing within the institution and the wider community.

Report:

Participant Certificate:

Photos:

Oath:
  • I am aware that reading maketh a full man, expands our skills, knowledge, wisdom and also essential for the betterment of our life.
  • As an educated individual in the society of India, I commit that I shall read and make others around me especially children to read at least one hour in a day and also one book in a month.
  • I assure that I will present books as gift and also request others to do it.
  • I shall work to spread this message with young students and parents to create a knowledge society.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment